Friday, December 12, 2008

61

Wintry weather kept us home today. This is the view outside my front door an hour ago. Parents should have received an e-mail with the home study assignment. Please let me know if you didn't get one. Also, if you would like me to print out a copy and bring it to church on Sunday or Monday, I'll be happy to do that.

The lesson is on Matthew 22. Students should carefully read the assignment and the Study Guide material, do the activities, and fill out the chart I provided in the assignment.

What follows is a list of some of the principles taught in Matthew 22. I took these directly from a completed chart the students will be filling out. These are not all of the principles taught there and they are a little out of order. The students only need to write the principles on the chart that they discover in their reading.


1. All things are possible to those who ask God with faith.

2. Through repentance we can serve our Heavenly Father.

3. The Lord will accept those who follow Him willingly and correctly.

4. The great commandment is to love God.

5. The second great commandment is to love others.

6. The Resurrection is real-- those who aren’t sealed won’t be married in the Resurrection (see also D&C 132:15–16).

By putting forth an effort to do the home study assignment, I am confident the students will be blessed and will increase their testimonies of these principles.

No comments: