We were able to hold seminary today. Yay! We ate donuts and watched "To This End Was I Born"-- a powerful part of the seminary dvd.
As difficult as it is to watch this depiction of the crucifixion, it is wonderful to remember the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us-- particularly at this time of year when we celebrate His birth.
Before this world was, He was chosen to be our Savior. He blessed many while He was here and then suffered for each one of us. It is also glorious to remember the resurrection is real. I felt the Spirit particularly strongly during the part of the movie where spirits await Him in the spirit world after His death. It strengthened my testimony. I know that we will be reunited with loved ones after this life. That is immeasurably comforting.
After the movie, we read Omni 1:26 and asked ourselves what we can do to come unto the Savior. It is one of the only gifts we can give Him.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a peaceful New Year!!!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment