Saturday, September 13, 2008

Five

We learned about scripture power tools Friday. I divided the students into pairs. They each received information on two of these tools: Topical Guide and Bible Dictionary references; Helps with Words and Phrases; The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible; Bible Maps and Photographs; Cross References; or Chapter Headings, Section Headings, and Verse Summaries. They read the information I provided and then answered a simple question about their topic. Later, they shared the tool with the class and tested them with the simple questions. Those who actively participated did a really good job sharing what they learned about the tools.

I also passed out a handout with a first page that says, "Scripture Study Tools." Since we didn't have time to read it together in class, I asked the students to read it at home over the weekend as an assignment. If your student has lost their copy, please let me know and I'll try to e-mail it to you.

On a side note: I have put the requirements for earning the Stake President's Award at the very bottom of the blog.

No comments: