I've created this blog to help students and parents follow what we are doing in early morning seminary this year.
As you probably already know, the book of scripture we will be studying is the New Testament.
Through the direction of the seminary and institutes coordinator, I learned there are two ways we could do this: We could study from Matthew to Revelations. Or we could study the New Testament as a "harmony." The "harmony" method is when you study the books of the New Testament simultaneously, covering events as they happened from the birth of Christ through the Apostles. I've decided to teach the New Testament as a harmony.
Each student will receive a chart that shows the timeline we will follow. If they miss a day, they can read the scriptures we covered. Once they return, I will give them a written assignment to complete from the student manual. They can turn this in for makeup work.
After the first week of class, I will be giving daily reading assignments. I will post them here.
I am excited to learn more about our Savior's life and teachings with the youth this year!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow how exciting sis koehler! i will see you monday morning! maybe i can do the home study along with the students who attend???
Feel free to visit any time. :)
Post a Comment