For scripture mastery, we continued to work on Matthew 5:14-16. This picture shows the method we are using this time. The students drew the pictures, we repeatedly read through the scripture together, and then we erase more words each day. We are making progress.
We continue to study John 6. We read John 6:16-21 together and talked about how amazing it is that Jesus Christ walked on water and what we can learn from that. We didn't know what a furlong is, so a student looked it up in the dictionary for us. We figured out that the boat was about 3 1/2 miles away from the sea shore. Just like Jesus Christ helped bring his disciples to safety, He can help bring us safely to our eternal promised land.Why did Jesus Christ do this miracle and other wonderful things? Why does He want to help us? I wrote the word "motivation" on the board and the students gave their ideas of what Jesus' motivations are. I was very impressed by their answers such as: humility, doing the will of His Father, doing what needed to be done, helping to teach the people, showing His power, and of course LOVE for the people.
We talked about the reasons people do what they do and listed them on the board. We ranked them according to the most pure motives to the least. We talked about whether or not we can change our motives and make them better or purer and more like our Savior's. One student said, "When I have to do something I don't want to do. I do it. Then I realize it wasn't that bad and it makes it easier to do the next time." I was very impressed by his answer. We had a lot of great participation today by everyone! I love days like that. It is a priviledge to teach these motivated and knowledgeable youth.
No comments:
Post a Comment