Wednesday, October 29, 2008

34

We experienced our first snowfall of the season last night. There were predicted potentially dangerous driving conditions. As a precaution, I decided we would all do home study today. It looks like things weren't as bad as they could have been. I hope everyone appreciated not having a last-minute decision.

Everyone should have received the home study assignment through e-mail or otherwise. Those who come to class should bring their work to class tomorrow or as soon as they have completed it so I can give them credit.

The assignment was based on our scripture mastery Matthew 16:15-19. President Joseph Fielding Smith said that knowing Jesus Christ is God's Son and that He is our Savior “comes only through the testimony of the Holy Spirit. Men may believe Jesus to be the Christ, but to know it requires revelation from the Holy Ghost.”

Through the witness of the Holy Ghost, we can know (not just believe) who Jesus Christ is and what He truly has done for us.

No comments: